Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lara at 6 months: July 31, 2013: Lara's Play Room!!

When Lara turned 6 months, I knew I had to create a play room for her.  She was starting to move around on the mat and she was more or less done with the swings.  She didn't want to sit in one place and just swing back and forth.  It was apparently too boring for her.

So, I put one of the swings away, and I put the other swing in a corner, hoping that she would stay in it when she got tired.  But, I think she only used the swing one time once I put it in the play room.
You can see the swing in the corner of the room on the right side.  That telescope is quite the anachronism in this room, but she really wasn't walking at this point and we didn't think she would go anywhere near it.  Plus, she was mostly in her jumper, which you can see on the far left of the room.  And boy did she JUMP!

 At this point in her life, at 6 months, she could mostly just roll around with effort on the activity gym, which you can see in the picture above.  We picked a forest scene so she could see animals and the scene was pretty and colorful... easy on the eyes...
And I couldn't resist putting a lounge chair in the room to make it cozy for me as well and of course a small "library".  I couldn't leave out my peeping Tom the Giraffe.. I love giraffes!  It was so much fun to decorate this room!  Since our theme was animals and jungle by default, it was easy to stick with that theme and put decals of animals all over the place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment