Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lara at 6 months: Sunflowers

Mamma and Lara have the same serious expression... haha.  I didn't realize how serious we looked until I took a picture.  But we were actually very happy to be sitting on the porch.  It was a beautiful Summer day on August 10th.  And the sunflowers were overgrown and falling over our porch.  We have so many out of control sunflowers!  It drives me crazy in the summer but they are quite beautiful and bring so much color to our home.  

Mamma and Lara got a chance to sit on the front porch and touch a whole bunch of sunflowers today.  Oh! was she excited as ever.
She let her small hands glide over the bright yellow petals and she let her fingers linger, feeling the softness on her skin.  I was enamored with the way she took so much pain in just Feeling.  It opened up my eyes to how much we take for granted and how much we don't stop to just Feel!  
You can see Mama's feet wearing her red shoes and Lara sitting on my lap.  She was bending down to touch the flowers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment